ONE OF THE LARGEST INDEPENDENT PRIVATE EQUITY AND REAL ESTATE FUND ADMINISTRATORS
IN THE WORLD
“Fund administration has changed. And so have we. It’s now much much more than just accounting.”
Group Chief Executive Officer
SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES,
“No matter what the structure or entities involved – we will have seen it before and can give you help and guidance.”
Head of UK Client Services
WE ARE ALWAYS
LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS
AND TALENTED INDIVIDUALS
TO HELP OUR BUSINESS
“It has been an incredible journey with Augentius, I have grown and developed a lot, I look forward to the future with all opportunities arising as the Company continues to grow.”
Director of Client Services
IN THE UK, LUXEMBOURG AND GUERNSEY
“The role of the depositary is to carry “oversight” over the assets. Not to hold them in custody.”
Head of Depositary and Legal,
SPECIALIST REGULATORY COMPLIANCE SERVICES
“Compliance is not an option – and business procedures and practices must be fit for purpose.”
“The burden of regulatory reporting is only going to get bigger.. and more complex.”
Group Head of Technical,
Training & Product Development
Augentius is not just about fund administration. We are not just accountants keeping the books and records. With our knowledge of the Private Equity and Real Estate world, we can guide you through a myriad of challenges.
& Real Estate
We administer all types of funds – funds of funds, buyout, venture capital, mezzanine, debt, infrastructure – as well as the related entities such as special purpose vehicles, trusts, management companies and carry vehicles.
Augentius provides expertise and assistance throughout the launch process. We review legal documentation; liaise with regulators and manage the regulatory processes. We design and tailor all fund documentation, call letters, reports and accounts to meet GP and LP requirements. We carry out the Know-Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering checks on investors and provide a Dataroom to assist with the launch process.
We maintain all the accounting records for the funds, generate and distribute all call and distribution notices, prepare all financial reporting, calculate and pay all fees, including carry, and manage the annual audit process. IRRs are calculated on an ongoing basis (per fund, investment and investor) and constantly available. Tax reporting is similarly available as required by investors.
Augentius participates in the investor relations process as much, or as little as our clients want. We manage the drawdown and distribution processes, monitoring all cash movements, distribute all reporting and issue managers reports and mailshots as required. In addition to making all investor reporting available online we can also assist in the answering of investor questions.
CARRY, FOUNDER PARTNER AND CO-INVESTMENT VEHICLES
We administer all the connected entities across the fund. Increasingly the fund will make use of multi-jurisdictional structures and the use of a single accounting platform across Augentius facilitates the automated consolidation of accounting records.
A state of the art solution
We know the industry and how it works, so we understand the problems investors face. As a consequence, we have developed Augentius Investor Solutions to meet your specific needs. Our offering is simple. Through our technology partners, we capture data and turn it into easily accessible intelligence to provide real transparency, on all facets of your portfolios.
Using experienced staff, we process all data payments and transactions.
What we can do for you
- Provide enhanced portfolio management & analytics
- Reduce costs
- Reduce the burden of collation and processing the data
- Reduce operational risk
- Reduce reliability on key individuals
- Increase professionalism
- Provide a single point of truth & real-time data
- Provide peace of mind
What you receive
- 24/7 remote access to run real-time data reports
- Choice of state of the art technology along with full systems support
- Online data retention archiving & access
- Document repository
- Cash flow forecasting
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Solutions
- A solution designed for your specific needs covering a range of asset classes
- A dedicated support & implementation team providing required expertise
- Maintenance of all accounting records & data (to include historic data)
- Carry & Management Fee checks and modelling
- Pricing verification checks
- Payment/Settlement of all transactions/invoices
As the Private Equity and Real Estate industries become more regulated, so there is an increasing need for managers to consider the use of Custodian/Depositary Services. Different levels of services are required in different legislations.
Augentius is already acting as Qualified Custodian to a number of clients under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Assets are maintained in safe-keeping on behalf of clients, and Custody statements produced in accordance with the regulations.
Augentius has played a considerable role in the development of the role of the Depositary under the AIFMD. We have participated in discussions with ESMA and have subsequently had ongoing discussions with the UK Treasury and the FCA regarding the development of the product within the UK. Augentius intends to provide stand-alone Depositary services in the UK to Private Equity and Real Estate Funds.
Augentius has for many years been a regulated Custodian in Guernsey. Safe–keeping and related services have been provided to clients for many years. As Guernsey and Jersey develop products to meet the requirements of the AIFMD, so Augentius anticipates being able to provide the necessary Depositary services.
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM…
- The AIFMD is now in place across Europe and the Reporting Requirements are now implemented. But not all formats have been standardised and different countries have different requirements
- All AIFMs (fund managers) now have to report data and information to their regulators
- Reporting scope is determined on an AIFM basis – not just on fund basis
- Non-European managers who are marketing funds in Europe are required to report in each country they are marketing in
WE HAVE THE SOLUTION…
- We will help and guide you through the reporting requirements. We will be collecting the information from your data sources and populate the reporting with your data if that is how you would like us to help – or provide you with technical guidance via a telephone helpline, enabling you to complete the reporting module, if that is the route you prefer
- Full work-flow mapping, with process deadlines set along the way, ensure completion and delivery within regulatory requirements
- Both the Augentius team and the in-built checks within the reporting system will ensure that all relevant fields have been populated and that the data is correct. In the event of errors or omissions these will be automatically highlighted for correction
- Once all the final checks have been completed you will be in a position to release the report to the Regulators – the system automatically delivering it to the Regulators that you need to deliver to
Generally more relevant for offshore funds, Augentius provides the registered address, acts as Company Secretary, organises all relevant meetings, takes and circulates minutes and does everything that you would expect from your Company Secretary. We will also arrange for the provision of Directors as required.
AUGENTIUS COMPLIANCE IS DIFFERENT
Augentius knows and understands how managers work – and works together with them every day of the week. We understand the issues and the problems from a practical point of view – and run regulated businesses ourselves. Compliance is in our DNA.
Our Augentius Compliance team members are experts in what they do. They have worked for the regulators, they have worked in-house, and they have shared their expertise and knowledge with their clients. They are practical, pragmatic and sensible – and provide the right solutions for clients.
Add the two ingredients together and you have a compelling mix. A business that is a component part of our clients’ business. A business that understands how managers work and what is important to them. And a business that provides workable solutions allowing managers to focus on their investment strategy; whilst ensuring compliance with regulation.